Pages

Thursday 21 May 2015

THE WEIRD AND DEADLY PLANET MARS!

This is my information report put in to a word cloud. Also this my information report on it's own. Hope you like


In Week 5 of Term 2 our class focussed on how to write great information reports.
We wrote about the planet Mars as we are in the middle of learning about Planet Earth and Beyond. Learning how to write a great information report will help us with our self-guided topics in a few weeks time.



Here is my writing, after I have self-assessed and peer-assessed my work.
The weird and deadly planet Mars


                                                                Introduction
Have you ever wondered all the things on Mars and about Mars? Well if you have, carry on reading. Mars is a blizzardy red planet that was named after the Roman God of war. It is also 227.9 million kilometers away from the Sun.
Appearance
This paragraph is about the appearance of the very glowing red planet Mars. Mars has a very thin atmosphere. Mars is a planet that can be confused by looking like a star. Also, Mars has no gas liquid it is all solid liquid. The only type of water that is in Mars are the frozen water poles. The red colour of Mars is caused by the rust in its sandy soil.

Mars’ Orbit
This paragraph is about Mars’ Orbit. Did you know that it takes 687 day for Mars to get around the Sun. Mars is estimated to be one ninth as heavy of the earth. Mars is the 4th planet from the Sun. Mars rotates on its axis as efficiently as the earth. Also Mars rotates on its axis every 24 hours.

Could humans live on Mars
Mars is uninhabitable for it’s sand storms, so you can’t live on Mars. Also, Mars has a thin atmosphere so the effective UV RAYS can hit you and it could lead to skin cancer. You can not live on Mars because there is no oxygen and h2o. Another thing is that you can not survive the huge volcano eruptions because the biggest volcano in our solar system is on Mars. Therefore it’s your choice if you want to go to Mars but I guarantee you will regret it.


Conclusion
I hope this information report gave you a lot of information about Mars. If you think that Mars is an interesting topic, than I guarantee this website will be great for you http://www.kidsastronomy.com/mars.htm.



My Information Report Success Criteria:
Self
Peer
My heading:


  • is an interesting title (I might have phrased the title as a question.)

yes
My opening paragraph:


  • says what my report is about in a clear way
YES
yes
  • gives a general “classification” – and maybe a technical classification
YES
yes
  • outlines the main features of the subject
YES
yes
My main paragraphs:


  • have sub-headings where helpful
YES
yes
  • have clear topic sentences  (topic and main point)
YES
yes
  • are organised so that each paragraph is about a different aspect of the subject
YES
yes
  • give detailed information (factual descriptions)
YES
yes
  • include specific, technical vocabulary
YES
yes
  • are generally balanced (have a similar amount of detail about the different aspects I write about)
YES
yes
  • may have helpful: tables, pictures and/or diagrams to add information


My end paragraph:


  • draws the report together/sums up my main points
YES
yes
  • may give a personal opinion; ask the reader a question and/or tell the reader where further information may be found
YES
Yes

2 comments:

  1. Bon jour Saunoa,
    Thank you for sharing your writing here! You have included some interesting facts about Mars.


    In terms of your writing, your next steps are:
    1) Writing a clear topic sentence
    2) Adding enough factual detail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Konnichi Wa Mrs Kingston,
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I totally agree with the next steps you have given me. I also thought that those would be My next steps when I looked at my writing. So thank you, I appreciate you commenting on my blog and for giving me helpful next steps.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.