Pages

Friday 14 October 2016

SPCA Book Launch

Guten tag Blogging World,
On Wednesday the 12th of October there was a book launch held at my school (Hay Park School). It was a lot of fun meeting the author of the book who's name was John Carr. In his books he has different illustrators but the illustrator that came to the book launch was Astrid Matijasevic. John Carr made wrote these books for the SPCA. My favourite book out of all of them was Pumpkin Pie and Pavlova. First there was a beautiful performance by the Kapa Haka. After that we had some speeches from the author and Wendy Pie. Wendy pye is the boss of sunshine books. My favourite part of the night was meeting all the dogs, and I mean all of them. In total there were 10 dogs. I don't remember all of their names but I remember most of them. Their names were, Roka, Luna, Mandy, Maggie, Plum, Scruffy, Poku, Terry, and there were two more but I don't remember all there names. Here are some of the photos of the night.
This is the Kapa Haka Performing their dance.
This is Saunoa, Jahleena and Cicilia patting Rocka.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Saunoa,

    Thank you for helping at the book launch. You did a great job talking about your learning and reading to the dogs. Would you like it if we were able to read to dogs all the time? I think it would be pretty cool if we could :)

    Mrs Archer

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.